1. What was the motivation of Engineer Ruben Rojkés to start when he created Avanco?
· AVANCO is an acronym that comes from advancing by building. I am a civil engineer and construction is a passion for me. I decided to move forward in life, building, creating, that’s what I’m passionate about. When I ask myself, Ruben, what is what makes you fill the most fulfilled about your work, I am not passionate about buying and selling only, I need to build, manufacture, develop a product, that’s what I love.
6. What are Ruben Rojkés’s future goals for the business?
· We are about to start the construction of 2 Countries in Tucuman, and we are launching and newly started 4 new buildings.
We are evaluating some projects in Buenos Aires. Now that I have the help of my children, we will probably take on the challenge.
We are also working on new projects on the agricultural livestock field.
7. What advice would you give to future entrepreneurs?
· I would tell them to be passionate and put a lot of dedication to what they do. That they seek advice from people with more experience. I consulted a lot of veterans when I was not clear or I had doubts about a project. Work with a team of people who are passionate about what they do. It is an activity that you just can’t do without a good team.
8. How has the real estate sector developed in Tucumán in the last 10 years?
· It has had its highs and lows, that’s the way Argentina is. You have to learn to play in these conditions so you do not make mistakes.
9. What are the most innovative projects that have been developed in the region?
· I believe that at the Housing and Countries level, our company is the one that is innovating the most in the Region, with the type of amenities of our projects, and the experience of the architects that we have, we are working with a modern architecture and we are in continuous evolution.
We recently completed a residential building called The Point, in which we left standing a beautiful old facade of a house that is over 100 years old, and combined it with beautiful modern buildings. It is something that is seen a lot in Europe but it is the first time it is done in the area. It was a success.
10. What are the areas of Argentina that have grown the most in recent years?
· I think Buenos Aires is in the lead. But areas like Cordoba, Santa Fe, Tucumán, Mendoza are not far behind.